Valleylab’s Force 2 electrosurgical medical equipment allows cutting and coagulation in both monopolar and bipolar outputs.
Force 2s are designed to include audible and visual alarms, including an indicator to detect REM™ Fault.
The REM (Return Electrode Monitoring) feature is standard. Also at hand is a 300 watt output in the cut setting. A monopolar foot switch is standard, and an optional bipolar foot switch is available, as is a rolling cart.
BLENDED CUT MODES
Provide flexibility through varying degrees of hemostasis. Choose one of three preset modes.
SIMULTANEOUS INDEPENDENT COAGULATION
For added convenience and efficacy, this medical equipment enables two surgeons to fulgurate from a single generator. Accessories are deployed only when keyed, thereby reducing the potential for injury caused by unintended activation.
LOW VOLTAGE COAGULATION
Enables controlled, precise desiccation with reduced harm to peripheral tissue, making the Force 2 generator a prudent choice for laparoscopic procedures.
Is assured with Valleylab’s patented adaptive REM system, which constantly monitors patient impedance levels. Should ever a fault in the patient/return electrode contact be detected, the REM system automatically deactivates the generator, thereby virtually eliminating the risk of burns beneath the return electrode. Valleylab REM safety has been proven in more than 100 million surgical procedures worldwide.
WEIGHT AND DIMENSIONS
- Height: 8 in. (20 cm)
- Width: 13 in. (33 cm)
- Length: 21 in. (53 cm)
- Weight: 23 lbs. (10.4 kg)
- Cut: 510 kHz sinusoid
- Blend 1: 510 kHz sinusoidal bursts at 50% duty cycle recurring at 31 kHz
- Blend 2: 510 kHz sinusoidal bursts at 37.5% duty cycle recurring at 31 kHz
- Blend 3: 510 kHz sinusoidal bursts at 25% duty cycle recurring at 31 kHz
- Coag: 510 kHz damped sinusoidal bursts with a repetition frequency of 31 kHz Low Voltage 510 kHz sinusoidal bursts at 25%
- Coag: duty cycle recurring at 31 kHz
- Bipolar: 510 kHz sinusoid Output power changes by less than 5% or 5 watts, whichever is greater, as the line voltage varies from 85-135 volts (into a 300 ohm load).
LOW FREQUENCY LEAKAGE (50-60 Hz)
Source current, patient leads, all outputs tied together.
- Normal polarity, intact chassis ground < 10 µA
- Normal polarity, ground open <100 µA
- Reverse polarity, ground open <100 µA
- Sink current, 140V applied, all inputs <150 µA
HIGH FREQUENCY LEAKAGE
Less than 150 mA rms
INPUT POWER REQUIREMENTS
Operating range is 85 to 135 AC volts. Current is less than 8 amperes in cut and less than 4 amperes in coag.
Agree with actual power into rated load to within ± 15% or 5 watts, whichever is greater.
ADAPTIVE REM™ SYSTEM
- Measurement Frequency: 140 kHz ± 20 kHz
- Measurement Current: 3 mA maximum
- Acceptable Resistance Ranges:
–REMª pad Ñ 5-135 ohms
–Non-REMª pad Ñ less than 20 ohms
- Acceptance range is 5-135 ohms after REMª PolyHesiveª II return electrode is applied. REMª trip is initial impedance plus 40%. For example, if the initial impedance is 30 ohms, the upper level trip is approximately 42 ohms.
Convection, no fan
The mode indicator tones are adjustable to a minimum level of 45 dB at 1 meter. The alarm tones are not adjustable and are set at 65 dB minimum at 1 meter.
Also available in a 220-240 volt, 50-60 Hz configuration. Designed to meet UL and CSA specifications.